A TEENAGER was left with a fractured eye socket after he was assaulted outside McDonalds in Abingdon.
The 18-year-old is thought to have had an argument with the man who assaulted him in the Colwell Drive restaurant before the offence.
It happened at around 8.30pm on Monday, but police did not release the information until today.
The 18-year-old was taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital and has been discharged.
The offender was described as white, around 16 years old, 5ft 7ins, of slim build, with brown hair.
He was wearing a grey top and blue jeans.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning GBH and has been released on bail until September 7.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Jon Axford at Abingdon Force CID on 101.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation