A TEENAGER was left with a fractured eye socket after he was assaulted outside McDonalds in Abingdon.
The 18-year-old is thought to have had an argument with the man who assaulted him in the Colwell Drive restaurant before the offence.
It happened at around 8.30pm on Monday, but police did not release the information until today.
The 18-year-old was taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital and has been discharged.
The offender was described as white, around 16 years old, 5ft 7ins, of slim build, with brown hair.
He was wearing a grey top and blue jeans.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning GBH and has been released on bail until September 7.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Jon Axford at Abingdon Force CID on 101.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops