BUS services will be terminating early until further notice after “severe” traffic delays hit Oxford city centre this morning .
Oxford Bus Company tweeted that the City 3 and 5 services will be terminating on the High Street.
City 8 service will be terminating at Green Road roundabout until further notice.
An Oxford Bus Company spokesman said that the problems were due to traffic delays caused by roadworks at Longwall Street.
He added that buses were stopping in the city centre, and the firm was transferring people onto the X3 and X30 services for free.
These buses are then taking passengers to the railway station, where staff can direct them to other bus services if needed.
The firm also told passengers on Twitter that it had to cancel its 9.05am City 5 bus from Pegasus Road.
Laura Clos, who works as a shop assistant in Uni Gifts Tourist Centre, on the corner of Longwall Street and High Street, said the traffic had been "bad" since the works started yesterday.
The 28-year-old said: "The noise is horrible, really annoying and it's all the time.
"There has been lots of traffic, today and yesterday, and people keep coming in and asking where they can park.
"And, because the pedestrian crossing is not working, drivers are beeping their horns a lot."
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops