BUS services will be terminating early until further notice after “severe” traffic delays hit Oxford city centre this morning .
Oxford Bus Company tweeted that the City 3 and 5 services will be terminating on the High Street.
City 8 service will be terminating at Green Road roundabout until further notice.
An Oxford Bus Company spokesman said that the problems were due to traffic delays caused by roadworks at Longwall Street.
He added that buses were stopping in the city centre, and the firm was transferring people onto the X3 and X30 services for free.
These buses are then taking passengers to the railway station, where staff can direct them to other bus services if needed.
The firm also told passengers on Twitter that it had to cancel its 9.05am City 5 bus from Pegasus Road.
Laura Clos, who works as a shop assistant in Uni Gifts Tourist Centre, on the corner of Longwall Street and High Street, said the traffic had been "bad" since the works started yesterday.
The 28-year-old said: "The noise is horrible, really annoying and it's all the time.
"There has been lots of traffic, today and yesterday, and people keep coming in and asking where they can park.
"And, because the pedestrian crossing is not working, drivers are beeping their horns a lot."
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her