HUNDREDS of pounds were raised at a nursery’s 40th birthday party - with money raised to hopefully give it a head start on the next 40 years.
Headington’s Kiddies Korner thanked past and present parents and staff who helped to raise £310 at its landmark birthday party.
The money will go to a £20,000 project for disabled toilets and a refurbished hall at the nursery’s site in Quarry Village Hall.
Jasmin Wilson’s three-year-old son Castiel Harris attends the nursery.
Nursery founder Dave Brown with his grandchildren, Chloe Brown, 13, who attended the nursery, and Thea Rose Brown, 10 months, who will attend the nursery. Thea is being handed a ball by Cllr Roz Smith at the birthday event.
The 30-year-old mother-of-two, of Coleman’s Hill, Headington, said: “He loves going there because they always take their time with the kids.
“You can tell that by the way he comes home and talks about the teachers more than about the kids.”
The party on Tuesday raised money from a tombola, face painting, bouncy castle, raffle and also included old photos of the nursery and a fire engine.
The nursery’s manager Tricia Medlicott thanked everyone who helped to make the day a success.
The 57-year-old said: “We were amazed at the support that we got, it was nice to see the parents and staff who had worked hard to make it a success.”
Chairman of the village hall’s board of trustees, Roz Smith, said the money was a boost to the nursery’s refurbishment plans.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech