TWO major motor dealers in the county are expanding with new purpose-built sites.
Ridgeway has opened up an Audi dealership at the Oxford Business Park in Cowley, while MM Bellinger & Sons has acquired land on the edge of Milton Park with the aim of opening a new site late next year.
The Audi garage, which was developed for an undisclosed sum, has taken the form of a two-storey ‘terminal-style’ building.
It will house new, used and fleet vehicles along with a service and parts department, shop, customer lounge and complimentary use of an iPad. It replaces Ridgeway’s old site in Kidlington.
Ridgeway chief executive John O’Hanlon said: “Oxford Business Park offers us tremendous potential – it is already becoming a flagship business location close to the city centre but with rapid access routes like the M40, A40 and A34.”
Meanwhile, the Bellinger dealership will be located at Milton Gate on land bought from MEPC, owner of Milton Park, near Didcot.
The company currently trades from sites in Abingdon and Wantage. It employs 63 staff with a further 10 set to be added with the opening of the new site late next year.
Retail operator Oliver Dimbylow said: “Being right next door to Milton Park, we can serve the wider community of Didcot, the surrounding villages and further afield.”
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech