A FORMER Carmel College teacher has been charged with a number of sexual offences.
Trevor Bolton, aged 77, Kestrel Way, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, was arrested on June 6 last year on suspicion of four counts of indecency with a child and five counts of indecent assault on a male.
Bolton was charged with the offences last week and will appear at Oxford Crown Court on August 1.
The offences occurred while he was working at the now-closed school in Wallingford, between 1968 and 1988.
The six alleged victims were pupils at the college at the time the offences were carried out.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops