The jury in the trial of Fiaz Munshi has begun its deliberations.
Munshi, 38, denies murdering a two children in an arson attack at a family home in Magdalen Road, East Oxford, in 1997. Anum Khan, eight, and her brother Majid, 15, died after the fire in August of that year.
The trial is now into its seventh week and jurors were sent out early yesterday afternoon after Justice Robin Spencer finished summing up the case.
They will continue deliberating today.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK