TODDLERS were invited to the annual opening of a maize maze to celebrate the end of the summer school term.
A group of 25 children from Longworth Pre-School, near Abingdon, visited the Millets Farm Centre maize maze which opened for the season yesterday.
The farm has a small, medium and large maze on its 10-acre site at Frilford.
Among those who enjoyed the visit was four-year-old Amber Hall. Her mum Leanne, 37, of Laggots Close, from Hinton Waldrist, near Faringdon, said: “This was Amber’s last year at the pre-school so she enjoyed being there with her friends.”
The farm centre has featured the maize maze since 1997.
Each April seeds are planted before farm centre staff use a sat-nav to map out the maze once they have started to grow.
Supervisor Kirsty Ebsworth said: “We got 18,000 visitors last year, but we’re hoping for 20,000 this year, which would be a record for us.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay