FAMILIES met Alice in Wonderland characters as part of a day to promote peace and harmony.
The Peace in the Park three-day fair began yesterday at the Global Retreat Centre in the Nuneham Park estate in Nuneham Courtenay.
It included sessions on meditation, positive thinking, stress management and relaxing music within the estate’s 55-acre grounds.
About 1,000 people attended, with another 4,000 people booked each day for today and tomorrow.
Event co-ordinator Manda Patel said: “We want people to experience the goodness of the human spirit so it’s possible for people to live together in harmony in peace, rather than focus on what’s not right in people.
“We had beautiful weather and people enjoyed relaxing and learning to go deeper inside themselves in this non-judgmental atmosphere.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay