DRIVERS are being warned to expect disruption along the Oxford ring road as work continues at Kennington roundabout.
On Sunday, July 27, new contraflow arrangements will come into force, which will reduce the A423 to one lane in each direction between Hinksey Hill roundabout and Heyford Hill roundabout.
This is expected to last until early November.
There will also be various side and slip road closures and turning movement restrictions at Kennington roundabout, Old Abingdon Road and Kennington Road.
Diversion signs will be put in place and road users have been urged to drive with care as they get used to the new temporary layout and obey the 30 mph speed limit.
Cabinet member for transport David Nimmo Smith said: “Work is going well and we will shortly be ready for the next phase. Up until now we have been able to work during off- peak hours to minimise delays, but this is not possible as we enter the next phase.”
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay