FARHAN Ahmed bagged the accessory his Ferrari 458 Italia was missing when he parted with £15,000 for a personalised registration plate at the first day of the DVLA’s registration auction yesterday.
The 37-year-old, who is the managing director of Ah! Media in London, drove to the auction at the Williams Conference Centre in Grove from his home in Crawley Down, Sussex to bid for the plate which reads AHII MED.
He said: “It is the closest registration to my name I have ever seen and I think £15,000 is good value for it. It’s unique, you can’t get it anywhere else and it represents me and my business. I’ve just turned 37 so I thought I deserved a present.”
The auction, which finishes tomorrow, features 1,500 registrations and Williams’ Grand Prix car collection, normally kept behind closed doors.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes