At least 9,450 homes could be built in West Oxfordshire by 2029 in a new draft local plan.
West Oxfordshire District Council’s cabinet yesterday agreed to consult on the document. It will replace a former strategy that ended in 2011, which said about 5,500 homes should be built, after taking into account the Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA), published earlier this year.
The SHMA said 11,880 homes were needed, but the council said it had reduced its projections as it had “over-delivered” on previous targets.The consultation will be held from July 28 to September 19.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street