Magdalen Street East, Oxford, has closed for emergency sewer works to repair damage caused by flooding in Balliol College at the weekend.
The road shut yesterday and works are expected to continue today, but there is no estimate as to when they will finish.
Services will have to divert via Hythe Bridge Street, with the 17 then going up Park End Street.
Buses will not serve stops A1 and A5 on George Street or stop E7 on Park End Street.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community