Magdalen Street East, Oxford, has closed for emergency sewer works to repair damage caused by flooding in Balliol College at the weekend.
The road shut yesterday and works are expected to continue today, but there is no estimate as to when they will finish.
Services will have to divert via Hythe Bridge Street, with the 17 then going up Park End Street.
Buses will not serve stops A1 and A5 on George Street or stop E7 on Park End Street.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech