A MAN who came off his motorcycle after being involved in a collision with a lorry was rescued from a ditch by the A4130, near Didcot, by fire fighters.
A spokesman for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews had been on their way to another incident but came across the scene and stopped to help.
At 5.30pm the man was reported to be stuck in trees and bushes on the roadside, but by 6.02pm had been freed and passed into the care of ambulance workers.
It is reported the road is closed both ways between B4493 and Collett causing major congestion on surrounding routes through Didcot.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation