A MAN who came off his motorcycle after being involved in a collision with a lorry was rescued from a ditch by the A4130, near Didcot, by fire fighters.
A spokesman for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews had been on their way to another incident but came across the scene and stopped to help.
At 5.30pm the man was reported to be stuck in trees and bushes on the roadside, but by 6.02pm had been freed and passed into the care of ambulance workers.
It is reported the road is closed both ways between B4493 and Collett causing major congestion on surrounding routes through Didcot.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website