Running legend Sir Roger Bannister was in the town on Saturday signing copies of his new book.
The 85-year-old – who broke the four – minute mile barrier at Oxford’s Iffley Road track 60 years ago – was at Cole’s Books in Crown Walk between 3pm and 5pm signing copies of Twin Tracks.
Alchester Running Club’s Sarah Rendell, 41, who bought a signed copy, said: “He is an icon, especially for Oxfordshire.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech