Running legend Sir Roger Bannister was in the town on Saturday signing copies of his new book.
The 85-year-old – who broke the four – minute mile barrier at Oxford’s Iffley Road track 60 years ago – was at Cole’s Books in Crown Walk between 3pm and 5pm signing copies of Twin Tracks.
Alchester Running Club’s Sarah Rendell, 41, who bought a signed copy, said: “He is an icon, especially for Oxfordshire.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay