AN annual 12th century tradition of counting swans in the River Thames is due to start today.
The five-day census of swan upping was due to start in Surrey and end at Abingdon Bridge at 5pm on Friday.
As part of the census, the Queen’s Swan Warden will count swans and their cygnets, examine them for injuries and treat them.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today