AN annual 12th century tradition of counting swans in the River Thames is due to start today.
The five-day census of swan upping was due to start in Surrey and end at Abingdon Bridge at 5pm on Friday.
As part of the census, the Queen’s Swan Warden will count swans and their cygnets, examine them for injuries and treat them.
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community