COUNTY space scientists have helped launch two satellites that are now sending back information on asteroids.
The satellites were launched last week by scientists based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Harwell to gather data including temperature and surface detail.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council project is expected to see pupils from up to 200 schools help analyse data for patterns.
See a video at youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=QSmbVhkZCRU
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes