COUNTY space scientists have helped launch two satellites that are now sending back information on asteroids.
The satellites were launched last week by scientists based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Harwell to gather data including temperature and surface detail.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council project is expected to see pupils from up to 200 schools help analyse data for patterns.
See a video at youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=QSmbVhkZCRU
- Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon