COUNTY space scientists have helped launch two satellites that are now sending back information on asteroids.
The satellites were launched last week by scientists based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Harwell to gather data including temperature and surface detail.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council project is expected to see pupils from up to 200 schools help analyse data for patterns.
See a video at youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=QSmbVhkZCRU
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community