COUNTY space scientists have helped launch two satellites that are now sending back information on asteroids.
The satellites were launched last week by scientists based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Harwell to gather data including temperature and surface detail.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council project is expected to see pupils from up to 200 schools help analyse data for patterns.
See a video at youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=QSmbVhkZCRU
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech