HELICOPTERS from the village RAF base made their first and last appearances at an airshow on the weekend.
The RAF’s Puma MK2 chopper, launched last year after a £260m upgrade, was shown to crowds at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford for the first time on Saturday.
But the Merlin MK3 aircraft made its last appearance as it is due to be transferred to the Navy later this year.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year