HELICOPTERS from the village RAF base made their first and last appearances at an airshow on the weekend.
The RAF’s Puma MK2 chopper, launched last year after a £260m upgrade, was shown to crowds at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford for the first time on Saturday.
But the Merlin MK3 aircraft made its last appearance as it is due to be transferred to the Navy later this year.
- Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon