HELICOPTERS from the village RAF base made their first and last appearances at an airshow on the weekend.
The RAF’s Puma MK2 chopper, launched last year after a £260m upgrade, was shown to crowds at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford for the first time on Saturday.
But the Merlin MK3 aircraft made its last appearance as it is due to be transferred to the Navy later this year.
- Our top stories
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community