HELICOPTERS from the village RAF base made their first and last appearances at an airshow on the weekend.
The RAF’s Puma MK2 chopper, launched last year after a £260m upgrade, was shown to crowds at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford for the first time on Saturday.
But the Merlin MK3 aircraft made its last appearance as it is due to be transferred to the Navy later this year.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today