HELICOPTERS from the village RAF base made their first and last appearances at an airshow on the weekend.
The RAF’s Puma MK2 chopper, launched last year after a £260m upgrade, was shown to crowds at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford for the first time on Saturday.
But the Merlin MK3 aircraft made its last appearance as it is due to be transferred to the Navy later this year.
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes