A SURGEON is in line for a NHS payout after he was sacked over false allegations he sexually harassed two young trainee doctors.
The consultant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was dismissed in 2012 after two young doctors said he made sexual advances and begged them to join him at his home after work.
But last week, an employment tribunal judge ruled the accusations were made up and the doctor was both wrongfully and unfairly dismissed by Oxford University Hospitals Trust.
Judge Andrew Gumbiti-Zimuto, in his ruling, said the doctor was fired following a botched internal investigation by the NHS trust.
The foreign-born consultant told the tribunal in Reading that the allegations were trumped up against him as part of a cost-cutting drive by NHS managers.
He is now suing his former employers to compensate for his substantial loss of earnings, and a hearing is set to take place in October.
- Our top stories:
10:00am Sunday 19th April 2015
ONE of the victims in the Banbury sex abuse case has said she'd like to help others going through the same as she did.
2:00pm Saturday 18th April 2015
SEWAGE overflowing at a block of flats in Barton has sparked anger from residents.
12:58pm Saturday 18th April 2015
A CANCER sufferer has offered a “substantial financial reward” for anyone who can find her missing dog.
11:09am Saturday 18th April 2015
A CONVOY of more than 100 Minis, Morris Minors and other classic cars left the BMW plant in Cowley this morning to parade through Oxford.
10:00am Saturday 18th April 2015
YOU may not have heard of Flyball – the team sport for dogs.
9:00am Saturday 18th April 2015
RAYMOND Blanc has backed a campaign to halt the closure of community hospital kitchens in Oxfordshire.