BARNS Road in Oxford has now reopened after an earlier police incident.
Thames Valley Police said they were called to an address between Dodgson Road and Hockmore Street at about 3.10pm.
A spokeswoman said: "We attended following a report that there may be a concern for the welfare of a person at the address."
She said they had been given inaccurate information and that on arrival officers found there was no concern for welfare.
The ambulance service said they were called but not needed in the end.
The road reopened just after 4pm.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops