There were delays on the roads on Thursday when a convoy of 20 military vehicles travelled through the county.
Setting off from the Atomic Weapons Establishment in Burghfield near Reading at 9am, the convoy included four warhead carriers which transport Trident nuclear bombs.
It arrived at the Coulport nuclear store in Scotland at 2.30am yesterday.
The journey through Oxfordshire was filmed by members of the Oxford Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND).
Spokesman Nigel Day said: “The Ministry of Defence sent this massive convoy of weapons of mass destruction on our roads and through our cities.”
- Watch the video below
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes