Police now say they are investigating reports of a man approaching Witney schoolgirls offering lifts home.
The man, travelling in a white van, is said to have approached three 12-year-old girls, believed to be pupils at Wood Green School, who were cycling in Hailey Road on Wednesday at about 6pm.
Police said he asked the girls if they would like a lift and to put their bikes in the van but they declined.
But the force, which increased patrols around Wood Green School and nearby Madley Brook Primary School, said there was no physical contact and no criminal offence was committed.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay