Police now say they are investigating reports of a man approaching Witney schoolgirls offering lifts home.
The man, travelling in a white van, is said to have approached three 12-year-old girls, believed to be pupils at Wood Green School, who were cycling in Hailey Road on Wednesday at about 6pm.
Police said he asked the girls if they would like a lift and to put their bikes in the van but they declined.
But the force, which increased patrols around Wood Green School and nearby Madley Brook Primary School, said there was no physical contact and no criminal offence was committed.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street