A man was stabbed in Cowley Road last night in what police believe could have been a planned attack.
The 25-year-old man was in the Simpli Fresh store at about 9.10pm when he was called outside and attacked by a man.
The attacker ran off when another man stepped in and the victim then realised he had been hurt.
Thames Valley Police said the victim was taken to hospital with a suspected stab wound, but said it was not thought to be life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are appealing for information.
Investigating officer Det Insp John Turner, from Oxford Force CID, said: “We believe the victim was known to the offender and this may have been a targeted attack.
“Officers are conducting enquiries today and remain in the area to reassure members of the community. If anyone has any concerns or questions, please feel free to approach officers.
“I am appealing for witnesses who saw the incident to come forward to ensure we find the offender and bring him to justice. Violence like this will not be tolerated in our community.”
It comes after a man in his 20s was stabbed off Cowley Road on Sunday evening after the Cowley Road Carnival.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website