A 33-year-old man needed surgery for a fractured skull after an alleged assault in the village centre in Bampton.
A 35-year-old man from Minster Lovell was arrested and bailed to August 15 for grievous bodily harm in Market Square, between 4am and 8am on May 28.
The victim was found in Pembroke Place and taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital. He is awaiting further surgery.
If you have information call Det Con Joe Stevenson from Banbury Force CID on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year