A 33-year-old man needed surgery for a fractured skull after an alleged assault in the village centre in Bampton.
A 35-year-old man from Minster Lovell was arrested and bailed to August 15 for grievous bodily harm in Market Square, between 4am and 8am on May 28.
The victim was found in Pembroke Place and taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital. He is awaiting further surgery.
If you have information call Det Con Joe Stevenson from Banbury Force CID on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit