A decision on the future of Oxford Stadium could be made within the next week. Agent CBRE has been marketing the Sandy Lane stadium on behalf of its owners GRA Acquisition Ltd.
The greyhound stadium closed in December 2012 and a planning application for 220 homes on the site was refused.
After an aborted attempt at a planning appeal, the owners put the site on the market, with an unknown number of bids having been received by the deadline.
Two bidders have made themselves known to the public – Oxfordshire farmer Robert Tyrrell, and London-based estate agent and kennel owner Robert Brinkley.
CBRE spokesman Josh Garside said: “The owners have not made a decision yet. We are hoping it will be made in the next week or so.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech