A decision on the future of Oxford Stadium could be made within the next week. Agent CBRE has been marketing the Sandy Lane stadium on behalf of its owners GRA Acquisition Ltd.
The greyhound stadium closed in December 2012 and a planning application for 220 homes on the site was refused.
After an aborted attempt at a planning appeal, the owners put the site on the market, with an unknown number of bids having been received by the deadline.
Two bidders have made themselves known to the public – Oxfordshire farmer Robert Tyrrell, and London-based estate agent and kennel owner Robert Brinkley.
CBRE spokesman Josh Garside said: “The owners have not made a decision yet. We are hoping it will be made in the next week or so.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay