A man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder has been bailed until September 26.
He was arrested after a man in his 70s was attacked in Littlemore on Saturday.
Police officers were called to the scene in Long Wall where the victim was found with stab wounds.
The 56-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and wounding with intent.
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community