Nightmare commute home on city's roads tonight

Oxford Mail: Nightmare commute home on city's roads tonight Nightmare commute home on city's roads tonight

MOST of the city's roads are heavily congested for the commute home this evening.

Cars on Botley Road are going at an average 1mph due to temporary traffic lights for sewer works.

Queues on Woodstock and Banbury Road are moving at 2mph, and 6mph on Abingdon Road both ways.

The A34 is congested southbound from Kidlington down past Botley.

Oxford Bus Company has said its services are facing delays of an hour across the city.

An accident on Oxford Road, Horspath, is also causing further delays.

Our top stories:

Special service to honour Pioneers before final town parade

Oxford Mail:

12:36pm Sunday 27th July 2014

HUNDREDS of people gathered for a service in Bicester this morning to bid farewell to a regiment that has been part of the town for 70 years.

Update: 'National Front' protest and counter-protest spark disturbance at Gloucester Green bus station

Oxford Mail:

1:32pm Saturday 26th July 2014

THREE people have been arrested after protesters clashed at Gloucester Green bus station.

Former teacher charged with historic sex abuse while working at two Oxford schools

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

11:04am Saturday 26th July 2014

A FORMER teacher has been charged with carrying out historic sex abuse while he worked at Oxford primary schools.

Mothers united in grief as killers sentenced + listen to Jayden's family's statement

Oxford Mail:

9:00am Saturday 26th July 2014

AS THE killers of their children were sentenced in separate cases yesterday, two heartbroken mothers stopped to console each other outside Oxford Crown Court

Listen: Jayden trial: Killer Ben Blakeley gets 20-year prison sentence + Audio of the family and police statements

Oxford Mail: Jayden Parkinson

9:00am Saturday 26th July 2014

JAYDEN Parkinson’s family said justice had been done after her “sick and twisted” murderer was given a life sentence.

Jayden trial: Judge Patrick Eccles' sentencing remarks

Oxford Mail:

9:00am Saturday 26th July 2014

JUDGE Patrick Eccles' remarks when sentencing Ben Blakeley for the murder of Jayden Parkinson

Comments (11)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:13pm Tue 8 Jul 14

steviemox says...

Took 45 mins to travel up the Woodstock Road - absolute carmageddon. I've lived in India what I witnessed today is easily comparable to the streets of Delhi.
Took 45 mins to travel up the Woodstock Road - absolute carmageddon. I've lived in India what I witnessed today is easily comparable to the streets of Delhi. steviemox
  • Score: 12

6:18pm Tue 8 Jul 14

HomerSimpsonDoh says...

Get rid of the lights in Abbeyy road and sack the twit who decided to put them there. Even a 2 year old could see this would cause chaos. Typical council doing everything to cause traffic problems.
Get rid of the lights in Abbeyy road and sack the twit who decided to put them there. Even a 2 year old could see this would cause chaos. Typical council doing everything to cause traffic problems. HomerSimpsonDoh
  • Score: 14

6:24pm Tue 8 Jul 14

The New Private Eye says...

steviemox wrote:
Took 45 mins to travel up the Woodstock Road - absolute carmageddon. I've lived in India what I witnessed today is easily comparable to the streets of Delhi.
You should have gone up Kingston RD, till St Mags, then the short bit till Polstead Rd then Chalfont, Frenchay, and Bainton. Out onto Woodstock then into Oakthorpe up Stratfield, Middle Way, left onto Squitchey La, and over into Blenheim then out of Wyndham way. It would have saved you 40 minutes
[quote][p][bold]steviemox[/bold] wrote: Took 45 mins to travel up the Woodstock Road - absolute carmageddon. I've lived in India what I witnessed today is easily comparable to the streets of Delhi.[/p][/quote]You should have gone up Kingston RD, till St Mags, then the short bit till Polstead Rd then Chalfont, Frenchay, and Bainton. Out onto Woodstock then into Oakthorpe up Stratfield, Middle Way, left onto Squitchey La, and over into Blenheim then out of Wyndham way. It would have saved you 40 minutes The New Private Eye
  • Score: 11

6:58pm Tue 8 Jul 14

Dilligaf2010 says...

Nightmare commute home on city's roads tonight.........
........shouldn't this be the headline every night? It's always a nightmare, tonight just happens to be worse.....
Nightmare commute home on city's roads tonight......... ........shouldn't this be the headline every night? It's always a nightmare, tonight just happens to be worse..... Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 9

7:54pm Tue 8 Jul 14

Madi50n says...

Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant!
Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant! Madi50n
  • Score: 15

8:54am Wed 9 Jul 14

sablond oxford says...

don't say what caused North Oxford to be a nightmare!
don't say what caused North Oxford to be a nightmare! sablond oxford
  • Score: 0

1:24pm Wed 9 Jul 14

The New Private Eye says...

Madi50n wrote:
Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant!
Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant![/p][/quote]Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please. The New Private Eye
  • Score: -4

7:31pm Wed 9 Jul 14

Madi50n says...

The New Private Eye wrote:
Madi50n wrote:
Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant!
Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.
That is brilliant!

So what you are saying is you were illegally watching TV whilst driving your car, and based on the fact you were smoking and eating a kebab and you think cycling is hard work you're a bit of a porker; and given your lack of desire to get home to your wife, you're in a bit of a loveless marriage. Why is that? Are you so fat she just won't touch you anymore? You've pretty much confirmed everything I thought about you, and that there's no point in discussing anything with you as there are things living under rocks with higher IQs & better reasoning skills.

Enjoy your life, it'll only be a short one based on your lifestyle.

Ta Ta!
[quote][p][bold]The New Private Eye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant![/p][/quote]Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.[/p][/quote]That is brilliant! So what you are saying is you were illegally watching TV whilst driving your car, and based on the fact you were smoking and eating a kebab and you think cycling is hard work you're a bit of a porker; and given your lack of desire to get home to your wife, you're in a bit of a loveless marriage. Why is that? Are you so fat she just won't touch you anymore? You've pretty much confirmed everything I thought about you, and that there's no point in discussing anything with you as there are things living under rocks with higher IQs & better reasoning skills. Enjoy your life, it'll only be a short one based on your lifestyle. Ta Ta! Madi50n
  • Score: 3

8:30pm Wed 9 Jul 14

train passenger says...

The New Private Eye wrote:
Madi50n wrote:
Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant!
Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.
Realistically Madi50n extended her/his life by a day by cycling, and healthy life by two days, while you just lost another day or two. Lifestyle my friend, it's all we will be talking about in a few decades. Folks like you have 7 years of pension, limping about in a silly way, while Madi50n will enjoy retirement for a decade or two. In a way I am not bother by your choices, because if you get less pension due to premature death there is more left for me. On the other hand, I dread to think about the costs folks like you add to the NHS.....
[quote][p][bold]The New Private Eye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant![/p][/quote]Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.[/p][/quote]Realistically Madi50n extended her/his life by a day by cycling, and healthy life by two days, while you just lost another day or two. Lifestyle my friend, it's all we will be talking about in a few decades. Folks like you have 7 years of pension, limping about in a silly way, while Madi50n will enjoy retirement for a decade or two. In a way I am not bother by your choices, because if you get less pension due to premature death there is more left for me. On the other hand, I dread to think about the costs folks like you add to the NHS..... train passenger
  • Score: 2

2:17pm Thu 10 Jul 14

The New Private Eye says...

train passenger wrote:
The New Private Eye wrote:
Madi50n wrote:
Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant!
Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.
Realistically Madi50n extended her/his life by a day by cycling, and healthy life by two days, while you just lost another day or two. Lifestyle my friend, it's all we will be talking about in a few decades. Folks like you have 7 years of pension, limping about in a silly way, while Madi50n will enjoy retirement for a decade or two. In a way I am not bother by your choices, because if you get less pension due to premature death there is more left for me. On the other hand, I dread to think about the costs folks like you add to the NHS.....
Quite a few £billion of your hard earned Tax.
[quote][p][bold]train passenger[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The New Private Eye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant![/p][/quote]Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.[/p][/quote]Realistically Madi50n extended her/his life by a day by cycling, and healthy life by two days, while you just lost another day or two. Lifestyle my friend, it's all we will be talking about in a few decades. Folks like you have 7 years of pension, limping about in a silly way, while Madi50n will enjoy retirement for a decade or two. In a way I am not bother by your choices, because if you get less pension due to premature death there is more left for me. On the other hand, I dread to think about the costs folks like you add to the NHS.....[/p][/quote]Quite a few £billion of your hard earned Tax. The New Private Eye
  • Score: -1

2:20pm Thu 10 Jul 14

The New Private Eye says...

Madi50n wrote:
The New Private Eye wrote:
Madi50n wrote:
Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant!
Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.
That is brilliant!

So what you are saying is you were illegally watching TV whilst driving your car, and based on the fact you were smoking and eating a kebab and you think cycling is hard work you're a bit of a porker; and given your lack of desire to get home to your wife, you're in a bit of a loveless marriage. Why is that? Are you so fat she just won't touch you anymore? You've pretty much confirmed everything I thought about you, and that there's no point in discussing anything with you as there are things living under rocks with higher IQs & better reasoning skills.

Enjoy your life, it'll only be a short one based on your lifestyle.

Ta Ta!
Nope it was to do with painting the bathroom and putting up shelves, that allowed me to put it off for a couple of more days and go down the pub and watch the footy.
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The New Private Eye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Nightmare commute if you were in a car, van, bus. I was on my cycle today, took me 20 minutes to get from the city centre to Kidlington. Brilliant![/p][/quote]Yes you were a wee bit faster, but I was able to watch Sky News, have a few fags, a drink and a kebab whilst meandering my way home which I am sure was a far more pleasant journey home than yours. Because as you say, you will have had to avoid errant motorists trying to kill you at every junction, the weather, and breathing in all of our exhaust fumes as you puff and pant. Plus it meant that I had an extra hour away from 'er indoors. Can we have this every night please.[/p][/quote]That is brilliant! So what you are saying is you were illegally watching TV whilst driving your car, and based on the fact you were smoking and eating a kebab and you think cycling is hard work you're a bit of a porker; and given your lack of desire to get home to your wife, you're in a bit of a loveless marriage. Why is that? Are you so fat she just won't touch you anymore? You've pretty much confirmed everything I thought about you, and that there's no point in discussing anything with you as there are things living under rocks with higher IQs & better reasoning skills. Enjoy your life, it'll only be a short one based on your lifestyle. Ta Ta![/p][/quote]Nope it was to do with painting the bathroom and putting up shelves, that allowed me to put it off for a couple of more days and go down the pub and watch the footy. The New Private Eye
  • Score: 0
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree