Yesterday was the first anniversary of Connor Sparrowhawk’s death.
The 18-year-old died at Slade House in Headington, a mental health unit, while having a bath.
A report into Mr Sparrowhawk’s death has found that the tragedy could have been prevented and the Care Quality Commission has closed the unit to new admissions.
His family want to raise the £30,000 needed for legal fees to cover the cost of lawyers at his inquest.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit