A man was detained after running between cars on the M40 yesterday.
Police were called out just after 9am following reports of a man running across the motorway between junctions eight and nine, near Bicester.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said that he had been “detained for his own safety” but could not confirm if he had been arrested.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit