Teachers and academics from Oxford University discussed the state of the nation’s grammar at a conference yesterday. The conference, called English Grammar Day 2014, took place at the British Library in London.
Prof Charlotte Brewer of the Faculty of English Language and Literature at Oxford University said: “The day was to discuss the rights and wrongs of how we speak and how this is, or should be, tackled in the classroom.”
Deborah Cameron, Professor of Language and Communication at Oxford University, was one of the speakers at the conference.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay