Teachers and academics from Oxford University discussed the state of the nation’s grammar at a conference yesterday. The conference, called English Grammar Day 2014, took place at the British Library in London.
Prof Charlotte Brewer of the Faculty of English Language and Literature at Oxford University said: “The day was to discuss the rights and wrongs of how we speak and how this is, or should be, tackled in the classroom.”
Deborah Cameron, Professor of Language and Communication at Oxford University, was one of the speakers at the conference.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street