Teachers and academics from Oxford University discussed the state of the nation’s grammar at a conference yesterday. The conference, called English Grammar Day 2014, took place at the British Library in London.
Prof Charlotte Brewer of the Faculty of English Language and Literature at Oxford University said: “The day was to discuss the rights and wrongs of how we speak and how this is, or should be, tackled in the classroom.”
Deborah Cameron, Professor of Language and Communication at Oxford University, was one of the speakers at the conference.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes