The M40 reopened on Thursday evening after a severe lorry fire.
Firefighters were called to the southbound carriageway, near junction 11 at Banbury, at about 2.50pm after a lorry carrying more than 20 tonnes of hay caught fire.
A local farmer used his JCB excavator to help emergency services move the burning hay from the lorry to hose down on the carriageway.
The road reopened at about 10.30pm. No injuries were reported.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today