The M40 reopened on Thursday evening after a severe lorry fire.
Firefighters were called to the southbound carriageway, near junction 11 at Banbury, at about 2.50pm after a lorry carrying more than 20 tonnes of hay caught fire.
A local farmer used his JCB excavator to help emergency services move the burning hay from the lorry to hose down on the carriageway.
The road reopened at about 10.30pm. No injuries were reported.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year