The M40 reopened on Thursday evening after a severe lorry fire.
Firefighters were called to the southbound carriageway, near junction 11 at Banbury, at about 2.50pm after a lorry carrying more than 20 tonnes of hay caught fire.
A local farmer used his JCB excavator to help emergency services move the burning hay from the lorry to hose down on the carriageway.
The road reopened at about 10.30pm. No injuries were reported.
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community