IT MAY not seem your traditional love story, but friends Christopher Finn and Matthew Springett are the latest to take on Shakespeare’s Macbeth.
The men performed the lead roles in the tragedy at Cogges Manor Farm museum in Witney on Thursday night in front of an audience of 100 at the finale of the Festival Players Theatre Company tour.
Mr Springett, who played Macbeth, said they were acting out a “real and romantic couple” and added: “It’s perfectly fine. It’s the same as any other relationship acting. If you’re uncomfortable with it, it will come across to the audience and it makes them uncomfortable.”
The company is in its 29th year of touring outdoor Shakespeare productions across the country.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech