A COUPLE are in training for the adventure of a lifetime – trekking the Great Wall of China.
Ahmed Khan, and fiance Lauren Flack, both 24, hope to raise £4,000 for children’s charity the NSPCC.
They are now training every other day to build up their stamina ready for the 45k trek over five days in October, starting at Badaling, near Beijing.
This month, the couple, of London Road, Bicester, will head to the Lake District for a hill walking weekend.
Mr Khan, a store manager at Savoy Taylors Guild at Bicester Village, said: “I am very excited about the trek and think its going to be a unique life experience that doesn’t come around too often. The fact that I’m going to be sharing that experience with my fiance makes it all the more special.’’
- To sponsor the pair view justgiving.com/ahmedlaurengreatwalltrek
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes