A COUPLE are in training for the adventure of a lifetime – trekking the Great Wall of China.
Ahmed Khan, and fiance Lauren Flack, both 24, hope to raise £4,000 for children’s charity the NSPCC.
They are now training every other day to build up their stamina ready for the 45k trek over five days in October, starting at Badaling, near Beijing.
This month, the couple, of London Road, Bicester, will head to the Lake District for a hill walking weekend.
Mr Khan, a store manager at Savoy Taylors Guild at Bicester Village, said: “I am very excited about the trek and think its going to be a unique life experience that doesn’t come around too often. The fact that I’m going to be sharing that experience with my fiance makes it all the more special.’’
- To sponsor the pair view justgiving.com/ahmedlaurengreatwalltrek
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech