THE death of Liberty Baker in Witney on Monday, as she walked with her friends to Henry Box School, was a horrific tragedy and unimaginable for any parent.
The way her friends and the wider Witney community have reacted, with a sea of flowers and tributes at the scene, is a demonstration of how shocking the incident was.
Last night Liberty’s heartbroken family thanked people for their condolences and, whilst it will only be of small comfort to them at this most traumatic of times, at least the people of Witney are trying to make a difference.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community