THE death of Liberty Baker in Witney on Monday, as she walked with her friends to Henry Box School, was a horrific tragedy and unimaginable for any parent.
The way her friends and the wider Witney community have reacted, with a sea of flowers and tributes at the scene, is a demonstration of how shocking the incident was.
Last night Liberty’s heartbroken family thanked people for their condolences and, whilst it will only be of small comfort to them at this most traumatic of times, at least the people of Witney are trying to make a difference.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech