THE death of Liberty Baker in Witney on Monday, as she walked with her friends to Henry Box School, was a horrific tragedy and unimaginable for any parent.
The way her friends and the wider Witney community have reacted, with a sea of flowers and tributes at the scene, is a demonstration of how shocking the incident was.
Last night Liberty’s heartbroken family thanked people for their condolences and, whilst it will only be of small comfort to them at this most traumatic of times, at least the people of Witney are trying to make a difference.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit