THE death of Liberty Baker in Witney on Monday, as she walked with her friends to Henry Box School, was a horrific tragedy and unimaginable for any parent.
The way her friends and the wider Witney community have reacted, with a sea of flowers and tributes at the scene, is a demonstration of how shocking the incident was.
Last night Liberty’s heartbroken family thanked people for their condolences and, whilst it will only be of small comfort to them at this most traumatic of times, at least the people of Witney are trying to make a difference.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay