THE death of Liberty Baker in Witney on Monday, as she walked with her friends to Henry Box School, was a horrific tragedy and unimaginable for any parent.
The way her friends and the wider Witney community have reacted, with a sea of flowers and tributes at the scene, is a demonstration of how shocking the incident was.
Last night Liberty’s heartbroken family thanked people for their condolences and, whilst it will only be of small comfort to them at this most traumatic of times, at least the people of Witney are trying to make a difference.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year