A peacemaker who tried to stop a nightclub fight received stitches after he was punched in the face.
The 20-year-old was attacked when he tried to stop two men arguing on the dancefloor of Lava Ignite, in Park End Street, Oxford, on Saturday between 1.45am and 2.15am.
The victim suffered a deep cut to his left cheek and was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital.
Police describe the attacker as a slim white man about 6ft tall, with brown hair. He wore a white T-shirt and jeans.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit