A PEACEMAKER had to have stitches after he was punched in the face for trying to stop a nightclub fight in Oxford.
The 20-year-old was attacked when he tried to stop two men arguing on the dance floor of Lava Ignite in Park End Street last Saturday between 1.45am and 2.15am.
The victim suffered a deep cut to his left cheek and was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital.
Police described the attacker as a slim white man, about 6ft, with brown hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.
Police originally said the attack happened on Thursday but have corrected this mistake.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community