A PEACEMAKER had to have stitches after he was punched in the face for trying to stop a nightclub fight in Oxford.
The 20-year-old was attacked when he tried to stop two men arguing on the dance floor of Lava Ignite in Park End Street last Saturday between 1.45am and 2.15am.
The victim suffered a deep cut to his left cheek and was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital.
Police described the attacker as a slim white man, about 6ft, with brown hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.
Police originally said the attack happened on Thursday but have corrected this mistake.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech