A SHOOTING in Blackbird Leys nearly a year ago is still unsolved with police today making another appeal for witnesses.
A woman in her 40s suffered a wound to her shoulder when she was shot on the estate in July last year.
A 22-year-old man from Oxford was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after the 5am shooting off Crowberry Road on Saturday, July 27, and is still on police bail.
Investigating officer Det Con Tom Mansfield said: “It is coming up to a year since this incident occurred and I am keen to speak to the witnesses that have not come forward so far.
“Around the time of the incident there was a group gathered making quite a bit of noise, which led to a number of people witnessing the offence where shots were fired and a woman was seriously injured.
“Thankfully the victim has survived this traumatic incident, but has been left shaken by the whole thing.
“Therefore, I would urge anyone with information they may have in relation to this to contact me on 101. We will treat any information with the strictest of confidentiality.”
Anyone with any information should contact Det Con Mansfield at St Aldates police station by calling 101 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
The suspect is due to answer bail on Thursday, August 7.
Our top stories:
9:59pm Monday 27th July 2015
A serious crash and car fire has shut the M40 southboound between junction 10 and 9.
5:11pm Monday 27th July 2015
There are severe delays along Botley Road after temporary traffic lights were installed.
9:00am Monday 27th July 2015
MUSIC enthusiasts got a lorra, lorra laughs when to their surprise, surprise they discovered Cilla Black was in the top 100 streamed songs in Oxford.
6:00am Monday 27th July 2015
A GROUP helped by much-loved councillor Val Smith will dedicate its new minibus to the former mayor.
7:00am Saturday 25th July 2015
THE future of a specialist team tackling child sexual exploitation in Oxfordshire should be reviewed, a Government advisor has said.
9:00am Saturday 25th July 2015
A RAIL commuter has launched an online campaign to save the future of the buffet car on an Oxfordshire train route.