RETAIL expert Mary Portas is back with a new TV series offering to help independent shops and businesses in Wallingford.
Optomen Television, which is producing the show, said it is keen to hear from any businesses who would like “fresh ideas to bring customers through the door and put money in the till”.
If a suitable business is found in Wallingford it would be the subject of an hour-long episode of the new series.
Other towns in South Oxfordshire have already benefited from the touch of the so-called ‘Queen of Shops’.
Money from the Government’s Portas Town Team fund was given to Vale of White Horse District Council to employ town centre managers in Wantage and Faringdon, who have reduced the number of vacant shops and launched schemes to attract more visitors.
Bafta-winners Optomen Television also produced The Great British Menu.
Any Wallingford businesses interested should email mary@ optomen.com or call 0203 227 5987.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year