RETAIL expert Mary Portas is back with a new TV series offering to help independent shops and businesses in Wallingford.
Optomen Television, which is producing the show, said it is keen to hear from any businesses who would like “fresh ideas to bring customers through the door and put money in the till”.
If a suitable business is found in Wallingford it would be the subject of an hour-long episode of the new series.
Other towns in South Oxfordshire have already benefited from the touch of the so-called ‘Queen of Shops’.
Money from the Government’s Portas Town Team fund was given to Vale of White Horse District Council to employ town centre managers in Wantage and Faringdon, who have reduced the number of vacant shops and launched schemes to attract more visitors.
Bafta-winners Optomen Television also produced The Great British Menu.
Any Wallingford businesses interested should email mary@ optomen.com or call 0203 227 5987.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay