A former Abingdon MP is to start a 235-mile walk from the Lake District to Oxford.
Tom Benyon OBE and his wife Jane will set off from Ambleside today and aim to get to the city by Tuesday, July 22.
The couple are raising money for ZANE: Zimbabwe A National Emergency, the charity he founded in 2002.
Mr Benyon was Conservative MP for the town between 1979 and 1983. To sponsor the walk visit walkforzimbabwe.com
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit