A former Abingdon MP is to start a 235-mile walk from the Lake District to Oxford.
Tom Benyon OBE and his wife Jane will set off from Ambleside today and aim to get to the city by Tuesday, July 22.
The couple are raising money for ZANE: Zimbabwe A National Emergency, the charity he founded in 2002.
Mr Benyon was Conservative MP for the town between 1979 and 1983. To sponsor the walk visit walkforzimbabwe.com
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes