A former Abingdon MP is to start a 235-mile walk from the Lake District to Oxford.
Tom Benyon OBE and his wife Jane will set off from Ambleside today and aim to get to the city by Tuesday, July 22.
The couple are raising money for ZANE: Zimbabwe A National Emergency, the charity he founded in 2002.
Mr Benyon was Conservative MP for the town between 1979 and 1983. To sponsor the walk visit walkforzimbabwe.com
- Our top stories:
- Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5