A former Abingdon MP is to start a 235-mile walk from the Lake District to Oxford.
Tom Benyon OBE and his wife Jane will set off from Ambleside today and aim to get to the city by Tuesday, July 22.
The couple are raising money for ZANE: Zimbabwe A National Emergency, the charity he founded in 2002.
Mr Benyon was Conservative MP for the town between 1979 and 1983. To sponsor the walk visit walkforzimbabwe.com
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today