A former Abingdon MP is to start a 235-mile walk from the Lake District to Oxford.
Tom Benyon OBE and his wife Jane will set off from Ambleside today and aim to get to the city by Tuesday, July 22.
The couple are raising money for ZANE: Zimbabwe A National Emergency, the charity he founded in 2002.
Mr Benyon was Conservative MP for the town between 1979 and 1983. To sponsor the walk visit walkforzimbabwe.com
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community