Changes to the ceilings in Oxford’s historic Covered Market have been approved.
A planning application submitted by Oxford City Council has been approved by the authority’s west area planning committee.
The scheme will involve the removal of the flat roof in avenues two and three to be replaced with a roof design that will increase the amount of natural light in the building.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year