Changes to the ceilings in Oxford’s historic Covered Market have been approved.
A planning application submitted by Oxford City Council has been approved by the authority’s west area planning committee.
The scheme will involve the removal of the flat roof in avenues two and three to be replaced with a roof design that will increase the amount of natural light in the building.
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community