Changes to the ceilings in Oxford’s historic Covered Market have been approved.
A planning application submitted by Oxford City Council has been approved by the authority’s west area planning committee.
The scheme will involve the removal of the flat roof in avenues two and three to be replaced with a roof design that will increase the amount of natural light in the building.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes