A campaign encouraging residents to keep their neighbourhood clean has been introduced in Littlemore.
Oxford City Council’s Cleaner, Greener Oxford campaign will target littering, graffiti, dog fouling and fly-tipping within the area by imposing on-the-spot fines of £80.
The campaign was launched in the area on Saturday and will run throughout this month.
The council will also work with agencies to improve recycling and waste issues.
- Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community