Roadworks are causing severe delays on Abingdon Road and across the city.
There is heavy traffic on A423 Southern Bypass between A34 (Hinksey Hill Interchange) and A4144 Abingdon Road (Kennington Roundabout) due to improvement works on the Kennington roundabout junction.
And there are temporary lights on Folly Bridge and Donnington Bridge due to water main works, which are adding to the problems.
The delays are also affecting the A40 into the city, which our reporter saying traffic was "crawling".
Oxford Bus Company said its services were delayed by up to an hour as a result, with some journeys terminating early.
CITY UPDATE - We are experiencing delays of over an hour on many of our City Services. Unfortunately this has led to journeys (cont)— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) June 28, 2014
terminating prematurely due to driver hours regulations. We are using all available resources to minimise loss of service.— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) June 28, 2014
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation