Roadworks are causing severe delays on Abingdon Road and across the city.
There is heavy traffic on A423 Southern Bypass between A34 (Hinksey Hill Interchange) and A4144 Abingdon Road (Kennington Roundabout) due to improvement works on the Kennington roundabout junction.
And there are temporary lights on Folly Bridge and Donnington Bridge due to water main works, which are adding to the problems.
The delays are also affecting the A40 into the city, which our reporter saying traffic was "crawling".
Oxford Bus Company said its services were delayed by up to an hour as a result, with some journeys terminating early.
CITY UPDATE - We are experiencing delays of over an hour on many of our City Services. Unfortunately this has led to journeys (cont)— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) June 28, 2014
terminating prematurely due to driver hours regulations. We are using all available resources to minimise loss of service.— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) June 28, 2014
- Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website