A PAEDOPHILE has been jailed for 14 years after abusing four Oxford girls aged between six and 10.
Danny Prin, 37, abused the children between 1993 and 1995.
He was convicted and sentenced at Oxford Crown Court yesterday.
The Bicester resident, of Kennet Close, was convicted of 10 counts of indecent assault, six of indecency with children and four of rape relating to the four victims.
After being charged on November 7 last year, he pleaded guilty to one count of indecent assault, and a jury unanimously agreed that he was guilty of the other counts. He was acquitted of one other count.
Investigating officer Det Con Matthew Hodgetts said:”Recent high-profile trials of celebrities obscure the fact that the victims of historic abuse of children are often ordinary people, and that, in the main, the offenders are also not in the public eye.
“In this case, the crimes occurred 20 years ago, but it would be wrong just to leave events in the past.
“As the victims gave evidence it became apparent that what happened has continued to affect them.
“I hope that the fact that a jury has believed them will help them move forward with their lives.
“To others who are suffering in silence, this case shows that it is never too late to come forward to seek justice.”
- Our top stories:
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot