These are the protected orchids that have caused Oxfordshire County Council to spend an extra £6,000 on improvements to Kennington roundabout.
Oxford Mail reader John Pusey has sent the images in of the Pyramidal orchids near the Hinksey Hill roundabout.
Last week the Mail revealed that the cost of turning the nearby Kennington roundabout into a hamburger had risen, partly due to the relocation of the plants.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon