The extended period of consultation on the £100m West Way redevelopment proposals ended yesterday.
Developer Doric Properies wants to flatten the West Way Shopping Centre and replace it with a new shopping complex which would include a supermarket, cafes and a cinema.
The firm last month started a petition at the end of May for residents to show their support for the scheme, and its Facebook page has gained 534 “likes”.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon