THE explosive demolition of Didcot Power Station will begin early in the morning of Sunday, July 27, it has been announced this morning.
Three of the iconic cooling towers will be brought down on that day in under a minute with a controlled explosion.
Npower spokeswoman Kelly Brown said: “This is just the first milestone in the demolition of Didcot A Power Station but will be a significant change to the local landscape. We understand that the power station has been part of the local community for over 42 years and for many people the demolition of these first three cooling towers will mark a significant day for Didcot and Oxfordshire.”
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards