THE explosive demolition of Didcot Power Station will begin early in the morning of Sunday, July 27, it has been announced this morning.
Three of the iconic cooling towers will be brought down on that day in under a minute with a controlled explosion.
Npower spokeswoman Kelly Brown said: “This is just the first milestone in the demolition of Didcot A Power Station but will be a significant change to the local landscape. We understand that the power station has been part of the local community for over 42 years and for many people the demolition of these first three cooling towers will mark a significant day for Didcot and Oxfordshire.”
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out