THE news that county hospital chief executive Sir Jonathan Michael is keen on more seven-day working is welcome and long overdue.
As peoples’ expectations of the NHS rise alongside healthier lifestyles and advances in medical care, the health service must embrace more flexible working.
Seven-day working also reflects one inescapable fact – demand on the NHS is soaring and only when the service works longer and more often, will it meet peoples’ expectations.
The question is, where will it stop?
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech