A man appeared at Oxford Crown Court charged with rape.
Tilal Mahdi, of Friars Street, Hereford, is accused of conspiracy to rape a girl under 16, conspiracy to indecently assault a girl under 16 and a further serious sexual offence.
The charges relate to offences committed against one alleged victim in Oxfordshire and the Midlands between June 5, 1996, and June 4, 1998.
The 36-year-old did not enter pleas on Friday and will appear again for a plea hearing on August 1. He is in custody.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year