A man appeared at Oxford Crown Court charged with rape.
Tilal Mahdi, of Friars Street, Hereford, is accused of conspiracy to rape a girl under 16, conspiracy to indecently assault a girl under 16 and a further serious sexual offence.
The charges relate to offences committed against one alleged victim in Oxfordshire and the Midlands between June 5, 1996, and June 4, 1998.
The 36-year-old did not enter pleas on Friday and will appear again for a plea hearing on August 1. He is in custody.
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community