A man appeared at Oxford Crown Court charged with rape.
Tilal Mahdi, of Friars Street, Hereford, is accused of conspiracy to rape a girl under 16, conspiracy to indecently assault a girl under 16 and a further serious sexual offence.
The charges relate to offences committed against one alleged victim in Oxfordshire and the Midlands between June 5, 1996, and June 4, 1998.
The 36-year-old did not enter pleas on Friday and will appear again for a plea hearing on August 1. He is in custody.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon